Ss. Cosmas & Damian School is a Preschool through Sixth Grade elementary school in Punxsutawney. Our campus includes Ss. Cosmas & Damian School, the Parish Rectory, and the Parish Church. We offer a “traditional” faith-based education with an engaging and challenging curriculum that is aligned to state and national standards. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Ss. Cosmas & Damian School lays the groundwork for your child’s faith-based education. Students enrolled in our school are afforded the opportunity to attend our 3-year-old or 4-year-old Preschool program. Our Kindergarten experience features a full-day program to accommodate working families while preparing them for a smooth transition to First grade. Our elementary school, Grades 1 – 6, not only utilizes the Diocesan curriculum, we also pride ourselves in tradition, the teaching of values, and the formation of the “whole” student. At Ss. Cosmas & Damian, our motto is “Education through Faith”. We care that our students grow spiritually, physically, and intellectually.
|Grades K to 6||7:50 AM to 2:30 PM|
|Pre-K||8:30 AM to 2:20 PM|
|Pre-3||8:30 AM to 11:00 AM|
- 7 Full Time Faculty
- 2 Part Time Aides
- Music Instructor
Student tuition rates vary depending upon the number of children enrolled at Ss. Cosmas & Damian School and whether or not you are listed as a member of our parish. Tuition assistance is available from the Diocese of Erie through the STAR Fund. Information about the fund and tuition assistance applications for the STAR Fund can be found by clicking the link below. STAR Fund Tuition Assistance
Programs for Remediation
- ACT 89 Support for Speech and Language & Math and Language Arts
- Title I Services for Math and Language Arts
- Computer classes are taught in Grades PreK-6
- State of the art computer lab
- Wireless computer access throughout the school
- Apple based computer network including Macbook Pros and iPads
- TV Newsroom Production for daily school news
Our Preschool is focused on individualized learning. We help each student reach their full potential and get them ready for Kindergarten. We offer an academic program with learning centered around weekly themes. Ss. Cosmas & Damian Preschool is licensed by the PA Department of Education and all lessons are developed according to the PA State Standards.
Hot Lunch Program
Saints Cosmas and Damian School participates in the National Lunch Program.
Transportation is available through your local school district. For specific bus information, please check your local school district office.
For more information, please feel free to contact our school offices.
Middle States Accreditation:
We believe that every child is a uniquely created gift from God graced with inherent dignity and worth.
We believe that all students can best reach their fullest potential in a safe, nurturing and faith-filled environment.
We believe that every student has unique strengths and talents and can excel in a rigorous, supportive environment.
We believe that Prayer, the sacraments and christ-centered values permeate all that we do.
We believe that a standard of excellence must be maintained in all academic areas.
We believe that it is the shared responsibility of educators, family, parish and community to provide for the development of the whole child: spiritual, intellectual, social, physical and emotional.
7. We believe it is the responsibility of our schools to help students discern God’s call for their life.
8. We believe that students must develop the skills necessary to respond to God’s call in a global society.
9. We believe that everyone is called to serve others.
10. We believe in the value of strategic planning and professional development as a means of continuous improvement.
11. We believe that adherence to the teachings of the roman catholic church and fidelity to the Bishop of the diocese of erie will create a community united on its journey to the truth.
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Erie,
in collaboration with family, parish and community,
educate our youth to be well-informed citizens with critical thinking skills that will prepare them to live virtuous lives.
In faithfulness to the teachings of Christ and His Church, students will be invited to know, love and serve God
in order to evangelize in a global society.
Through a safe, nurturing environment,
students are challenged academically,
provided opportunities to explore the arts and athletics, and inspired to develop a heart that is open to service.
Profile of the Graduate:
- Our students have acquired a body of knowledge according to the Diocese of Erie curriculum standards.
- Our students have had a rigorous education to develop critical thinking skills, analytical reasoning, and strong study skills.
- Our students are able to communicate effectively, write creatively, and think critically and analytically in order to problem solve.
- Our students are Christian leaders for the 21st They possess a foundation of strong Catholic values and beliefs to make moral decisions and to stand firm in those decisions.
- Our students live virtuous lives. They contribute to the Catholic faith through active participation and service.
- Our students respond to the needs of others by embodying the Works of Mercy.
- Our students exemplify a love of country using their talents to be responsible members of the global community and good stewards of the Earth.
- Our students are technologically proficient. They use technology as a tool for learning and communicating information in a responsible and effective manner.
- Our students recognize the Gospel value of the sanctity of life and value a respect for the gift of health, proper nutrition, and physical activity.